The holidays are always a special time at Honet Dermatology/Cosmetic. We kicked off the holiday season with our “Jingle and Mingle” on November 3rd. This special 2nd annual beauty event is where we spent time with our patients, friends, and family and enjoyed each other’s company, while indulging our palates with savories and sweets. It is also often a time to do a little shopping for our patients, where we offer discounts and savings on skincare products and treatments. Since that fun-filled evening, the weeks have truly flown by. We have highlighted and offered some wonderful gift ideas, as well as provided great rejuvenation treatments for our patients, so that they can have glowing, radiant skin for this holiday season. If you have stopped into our office lately, you’ve seen that our office is brimming with holiday cheer, from our beautiful Christmas tree to the soothing holiday tunes that billow from our Sonos speakers for everyone to enjoy.
We love every detail about the holiday season, but each of us has some favorites. After asking each staff member what their favorite part of the holidays is, it’s safe to say that our staff love quality time with their family and friends during this special time. By popular vote, we have deemed our “Christmas Experts” to be Carolyn and Raneen, who really love the holiday season by enjoying everything from family traditions, church services, Christmas music, and the overall holiday spirit and cheer. Personally speaking, holiday desserts are my favorite, so if you have any desire to bake up a storm, you know where to drop off your goodies. I’ll be waiting at the office door.
Adelle loves our staff holiday party, which we had at Cafe Via on the 9th last Friday. She always looks forward to celebrating the holidays with all of us at the office. It’s a time when we can relax, laugh, and just enjoy each other’s company. Jasmine and Kori love the holiday decorations and lights of the season, and are especially fans of real, live Christmas trees and elaborate, colored light decorations. Our fashionista-foodie Sarah loves the fall and winter styles that emerge during this season. She’s also big into food, so she happily enjoys whatever goodies get dropped off at the office. And what would the holidays be without Dr. Honet’s favorite things? It goes without saying; she loves spending time with her children who come home for the holidays. Being the “super mom” that she is, Dr. Honet loves cooking, baking, and decorating her whole house during the holidays. We usually ban her from bringing her home-baked goodies to the office (because her supply can be endless, which doesn’t help our waistlines), but we generously make the holiday season an exception. Bring on the baked goodies, Dr. Honet!
And of course, we can’t forget about gift giving at this special time. Gifts are a large component of the holidays, and we know what it feels like to be stumped by what to purchase for our special friends and family. Below is a gift-giving guide for your favorite people, as suggested by my favorite people:
- Raneen recommends Skinceuticals® Foaming Cleanser for all the handsome men and father figures in your life. It’s a great lathering cleanser to use with shaving and prevents any pesky irritation.
- Carolyn thinks all the mothers in the world should definitely be using our SkinBetter® Science product line. Carolyn has her own mom on the entire system, and her mom is an especially huge fan of SkinBetter® Intensive Treatment Lines and SkinBetter® Daily Treatment Eye Cream.
- Adelle recommends getting a package of peels for your sisters or sisters-in-law. Whether the package is one of our chemical Glytone® Enerpeels or our Envy® SilkPeels, it will provide them with a naturally radiant glow during and after the holiday season. Their skin will definitely thank you for it!
- Jasmine and Sarah are always faced with purchasing gifts for the “person who has everything.” Whether it is a family member, a friend, or a significant other, these girls are firm believers in Botox® for everybody! An HDC gift card will fit the bill, giving your “person who has everything” an opportunity to get Botox® or any of his/her choice for a new rejuvenated look.
- Kori thinks that our new DefenAge® Trio Product System is perfect for all the exceptional women in your life from Aunt Suzy to Grandma Dottie. The unique, cutting-edge Age-Repair Defensins™ featured in the products will unlock the secret to a more youthful appearance for these important ladies, and you will definitely earn some elf points and become their favorite niece or grandchild!
- Not to harp on my favorite product line yet again, but the Restorsea® Pro skincare products will be more than appreciated by anyone and everyone in your life. Specially formulated and unlike any other products on the market, it’s appropriate for every skin type and nearly impossible not to love! It gently and selectively exfoliates to reveal the youthful and healthy layers of your skin, to reduce the appearance of fine lines, and to even out skin pigment and tone. Be sure to throw a Restorsea® LipMagic into your bag, and you won’t regret it. I am obsessed with LipMagic. Just ask anyone in the office.
- And finally, although not yet primetime for “HDC Holiday 2016,” Dr. Honet recommends a new treatment that will be offered at HDC in early 2017. It is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy for all the guys and girls who are experiencing thinning hair. The Eclipse® PRP System is a proactive, therapeutic treatment option for men and women experiencing hair thinning and loss. This method uses the patient’s own blood, where a patient’s enriched plasma (platelet rich plasma) is injected back into the skin of the scalp to stimulate renewed hair health and hair regrowth. Stay tuned as well for PRP applications for facial skin rejuvenation in the latter part of 2017 at HDC.
At Honet Dermatology/Cosmetic, we wish you a joyous and safe holiday season filled with sweet laughter, enduring love, and healthy, glowing skin! We look forward to seeing you in the New Year! Happy Holidays!
–Senada and Dr. H
The office will be closed Monday December 26, 2016, so be sure to stop in before that to purchase all of your holiday gift-giving needs!